Job Title: Purchasing & Scheduling Manager
Click here to apply (mobile compatible)
Our client is a privately owned, fast-growing manufacturer of sauces, dressings and liquid condiments . They have 40 years’ experience making premium-quality, branded and private-label products. They currently have a new opportunity for a Purchasing and Scheduling Manager to take a key role within their facility located in the Southeast.
The Purchasing & Scheduling Manager is a “working manager” position. Qualified candidates should possess a strong background in purchasing, supply chain and production planning management in the food industry. This person should also have significant experience with packaging the product that includes cases, boxes, bottles, caps and the associated labeling. The role is key to leading the Company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering price, delivery and quality targets.
The Purchasing & Scheduling Manager will report to the President/CEO and will support the purchasing organization to achieve agreed-upon targets. Ensuring training and development of the team is kept at the forefront of daily activities. This manager supports all members of the purchasing and operations team. The role will have a clear project focus – supporting the purchasing function at a strategic level to help achieve objectives required to aid production of existing and new product development.
• Manages and controls all the Company’s external suppliers, with particular emphasis on the purchase of materials and finished goods for production.
• Works with graphic art houses for new labeling requirements.
• Coordinates label changes with the Technical Services organization.
• Establishes product planning sheets for all departments.
• Establishes requirements for new co-packers.
• Sources new bottling and cap requirements for new products.
• Ensures parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production.
• Establishes strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to Company’s needs.
• Identifies new suppliers, and negotiates terms and supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
• Fosters close working relationships with Sales, Technical Services and Production.
• Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend.
• Carry out a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements.
New Products / Product Developments
Full involvement, specifically with technical and sales departments on the evaluation of new and existing materials and their successful integration into the production end of the business. This will include identifying current and future trends in markets served by the Company.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree qualified or equivalent in a business-related subject
• Minimum 10 years’ previous experience in the food industry
• Five years’ supervisory experience
• Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend while developing a robust supplier base.
• Able to bring a new dimension to procurement and production planning activities.
• Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Benefits include annual vacation, sick leave, medical insurance, profit sharing and 401K plan. Relocation assistance available.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954)428-3888 or email@example.com ..