Job Title: Sr. Engineer Product Development
Click Here To Apply
Our client is a major pet food company dedicated to nutrition technology. They are a leader in developing innovative, cost effective, healthy and flavorful products. They currently have a new opportunity for a Sr. Engineer Product Development at their facility in the Midwest.
Their mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. The Company is a globally-recognized Best Place to Work.
As a Sr. Engineer, you will support the product development lifecycle process; leading or assisting with projects that move products (new or modified) from formulation through the pilot plant and into plant facilities for confirmation of product design. Additionally, the job will perform continuous improvement activities in support of existing products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates EFL/plant tests, documents process data, summarizes key outcomes, and ensures representative samples are obtained.
• Implements and adjusts processes and procedures to achieve desired product characteristics utilizing knowledge of nutritional constraints, ingredient functionality/ properties, and target plant capabilities.
• Helps establish and manages test plans within established project budgets.
• Actively participates in cross-functional teams to positively influence holistic product design for new and improved product initiatives including formula cost savings.
• Leads the collaboration and development of improved work processes which improve speed to market while maintaining quality of execution.
• Contributes to the ongoing development of the technical community through knowledge transfer and coaching.
• Designs, fabricates and tests experimental equipment and processing systems and then teams with contractors and equipment manufacturers to design, install and test prototype process equipment.
• Works closely with the Experimental Food Lab to identify/implement process equipment modifications which enhance the capability and scalability of EFL pilot processes.
• Implements procedures and practices that adhere to policies and standards for Sanitation, Food Safety, HACCP, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Education / Experience Requirements:
Basic qualifications include:
B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Engineering/Food Process Engineering and 8+ years of product development experience
Preferred qualifications include:
M.S. in Chemical or Food Engineering/Food Process Engineering and minimum five years of product development experience
The Company offers all employees:
• Highly competitive pay
• Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment (medical/dental/vision)
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Life Insurance
• Retirement Income Program/Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
• Healthcare and dependant care reimbursement accounts
• Annual tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
• 14 paid holidays
• Annual paid vacation
• Discounts on pet insurance
• On-going training
• Opportunities for advancement
• Highly professional, ethical, drug-free environment
This is a company that cares about people. Attracting, developing and retaining exceptional talent are key global priorities. They proudly offer global career opportunities and a world-class People Development Program including mentoring, training and work/life balance programs that ensure all employees have access to professional and personal development opportunities. They continuously strive to become a great place to work.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, (954)428-3888 or email@example.com