Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Our client is a privately held food manufacturing company headquartered in the northeast and specializing in sauces, salad dressings, and marinades. The Company’s commercial food manufacturing divisions produce products both for retail sale and food service, including contract manufacturing. They have a new opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Manager.
The Company is searching for an ideal candidate to join their growing Continuous Improvement Program (CI). This hands-on position will be the foundation and resource for all Continuous Improvement at their headquarters location. This individual will support the growth of the Continuous Improvement Program, will be responsible to train team members on how to make CI part of everyday operations, and will support the execution of action plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or equivalent experience in manufacturing, and operating a shift, plant and team.
• 5+ years of work with CI initiatives/methodologies.
• Experience leading Kaizen events across diverse work forces.
• Team leadership experience is a highly needed skill set for this position.
• Problem-solving skills, assertiveness, integrity, innovation, and creativity.
• Knowledge and experience with the application of problem-solving tools.
• Excellent organizational and computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to learn new processes and build relationships across diverse work groups.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Introduce and Implement sustainable Continuous Improvement methods and best practices throughout the organization. (5S, Teamwork, SMED, JIT, Pull Systems, etc.)
• Lead Continuous Improvement teams to identify waste across the supply chain and implement processes to improve results
• Promote a Continuous Learning environment across all sites.
• Drive performance metric improvement, goal setting and tracking across departments.
• Improve results through hands-on manufacturing involvement.
• Facilitate Continuous Improvement activities (Kaizen Events).
• Show creativity, and create new process initiatives to stimulate Continuous Improvement movement.
• Demonstrate successful leadership skills for both simple and complex projects/tasks.
• Successful team leadership across diverse groups to drive sustainable improvements to Company systems and culture.
• Provide a high level of technical and operational recommendations for meeting productivity targets.
• Function as the key member of the team to educate and mentor employees on Continuous Improvement methodologies.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Barbara Bond, (954)428-3888 or email@example.com.