Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Gardena, CA
Our client develops and manufactures high quality, innovative fruit preparations for the international milk, bakery and confectionery industries. Their success is based on expertise and innovation. They have a new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager at their West Coast location.
Manages the quality assurance function in compliance with the Company Quality System. Leads the plant in assessing food quality and safety and other initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality and food safety and consistency. As a key member of the production management team, the QA Manager provides quality and food safety leadership to employees. Leads projects to improve plant quality and food safety performance.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and manage all plant QA team members.
2. Lead plant food safety and quality improvement initiatives.
3. Manage food safety and quality in compliance with the SQF Quality System, Company standards and HARPC.
4. Manage records management program.
5. Maintain pest control and master sanitation programs.
6. Manage site quality function resources. Manage timely and accurate testing, results reporting, and release of finished goods, including issuance of COA’s and other quality documents.
7. Lead internal SQF, GMP, organic and allergen audits of facility in conjunction with site management team.
8. Lead investigation and corrective actions related to customer complaints.
9. Complete questionnaires/surveys/inquiries required by customers pertaining to facility’s quality programs.
10. Participate actively in transfer of new products (scale-ups) to production, assuring compliance to food safety and quality specifications.
11. Manage raw material testing and release system.
12. Manage departmental budget.
13. Prepare reports for Site Quality for presentation at monthly business reviews.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Quality Systems and Regulatory Affairs.
Internal: All departments within the business unit.
External: Customers, vendors, contractors, consultants, professional organizations, etc.
Site QA staff including QA Supervisor(s), QA Microbiologist, QA Technicians, and Laboratory Technicians. Indirectly to Operations personnel as related to quality aspects of production.
Back Up Personnel: Site QA Supervisor
Scope of Position: Accountable to Vice President- Quality Assurance and Regulatory for all aspects of facility’s Food Safety, Quality Control & Assurance programs, policies and systems and to ensure budgetary compliance and attainment of published quality goals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Strong communications and presentation skills.
2. Excellent organizational skills.
3. Strong team building and management skills.
4. Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Outlook and SAP.
5. Strong knowledge of sensory, physical, chemical, and microbiological testing.
6. Ability to work in complex and changing environment.
7. Adaptable, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including risk assessment.
8. Ability to partner with internal/external customers in a professional and supportive manner.
9. Requires limited domestic and international travel to support quality programs.
Typical Experience, Knowledge, and Education:
BS or higher in Life Science (preferably Food Science or related field)
5 to 7 years’ experience in a food QA department
3 to 5 years of supervisory experience
Certifications in GMP, HACCP, SQF Practitioner and Better Process Control School (acidified foods)
Experience with FDA and other regulatory/certification agencies.
Experience with preparing for and hosting customer and third-party audits. Experience in complying with Quality Management Systems standards in a manufacturing environment.
Thermal processing, preferably aseptic, Hot Fill Hold and HTST
Knowledge of quality systems and best practices.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954)428-3888 or email@example.com .