Job Title: Microbiologist
Location: Atlanta, GA
Our client is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, with proven performance in superior quality and customer service in both manufacturing and distribution. Their core businesses include: processing and distribution of liquid products, meat products, produce, bakery and other services, providing a variety of networked solutions for the total supply chain spectrum. They currently have a new opportunity for a Microbiologist at their facility located in the Southeast.
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as the Company’s technical contact for customers to help facilitate current projects and cultivate new product development projects.
1. Facilitates the development of new products (manufactured by the liquid and beef divisions) or the duplication of target products to meet customer needs and to ensure compliance with established quality standards.
2. Manages new projects from concept stage to manufacturing. This includes creating and maintaining time lines, formulating, scale-up, finished product testing and specification validation.
3. Communicates customer’s requirements to various departments within the Company, such as PD, QA, and Manufacturing. Also meets with customers to understand and verify that their expectations are being met, as needed.
4. Coordinates the presentation of new concepts, and obtains approval on product duplications. This includes presenting samples for evaluation and following up with the appropriate Company associates.
5. Attends customer focus groups, assists with sensory testing, and provides support with miscellaneous projects as requested by customers.
6. Serves as project manager for new products on the assigned accounts.
7. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Engineering, Microbiology or related field of science from an accredited college or university.
5 to 7 years of food research experience, with an understanding of food chemistry, food safety, and related regulations. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and experience in interacting with customers. Must have experience in project management and be able to supervise project teams and support groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
• Food processing equipment (J)
• Food testing concepts and techniques (E)
• Product development (E)
• Food safety concepts and techniques (E)
• HACCP programs and related food safety regulations and processes (J)
• International export and food regulations (B)
• Food chemistry (J)
• Food microbiology (J)
• Raw material/product interaction (B)
• PC word processing/spreadsheet software (B)
• Act in accordance with Company’s Values and Creed
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.