Job Title: Application Food Scientist I
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Our client is a cutting edge company that works in partnership with their customers to create customized food flavor applications for a variety of products. They currently have an opportunity for an Application Food Scientist at their location in the Midwest.
The focus of this position is to effectively manage technical application projects for business partners. The Application Food Scientist I will be responsible for creating application demonstrations using the Company’s flavors and technologies. The Scientist will choose the best flavors and technologies to provide customer winning solutions. This position offers the unique opportunity to execute on technical matters while establishing cross-functional teams and presenting / interfacing with external customers to support Sales initiatives. You will continually assess and improve lab capabilities while interfacing with external vendors to improve application bases and processing techniques. The position offers high visibility and the ability to showcase your technical prowess and creativity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure laboratory activities meet/exceed technical, safety, and efficiency goals. Responsible to build and manage technical projects for business partners such as Category Management & Sales. Ensure all project parameters (Project timeline, Regulatory constraints, pricing and technical merit) are achieved.
• Responsible to build technically sound application prototypes utilizing Company’s flavors and technologies. Provide input to Flavorist and Research & Development teams to create the best possible customer showings.
• Responsible to choose best flavor selections for applications purposes. You will directly choose flavor selections and provide feedback to Flavorists and commercial partners.
• Responsible for organizing cross-functional and global teams to solve flavor and food applications challenges.
• Support Sales initiatives by presenting Company’s capabilities at customers and/or at targeted technical / commercial conferences.
• Responsible to support Library initiatives and strategic Research & Development projects.
• Responsible for cross-training staff members and learning to create all ranges of applications in a food environment.
• Responsible for identifying new capabilities and technologies and their introduction into the laboratory environment.
• Remain current with advances in application processes, commercial dynamics and competitor products / technologies.
• Liaise with external vendors to improve application bases and knowledge of new application introductions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Food Science or Nutrition; combination of education and experience will be considered. In addition to a degree, five+ years of product development experience in confection and / or bakery applications. Possess a technical skill and knowledge of flavors and flavor systems with the ability to manage multiple lines of projects. Understanding of laboratory processes and safe work practices, along with being very detail oriented. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Proven leadership skills that motivate, generate pride and enhance respect for others. Strong knowledge of computers and related software programs such as Microsoft Office, Access and business databases. Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate written or verbal instructions, policies and procedures.
Skills for Success:
Knowledge creating commercial-ready applications such as dry mixes, cereal, dough, crackers/snacks, fillings, bars, etc. will be critical for success. A strong process-oriented background and management skills will be critical for success. Motivated to win business through success with projects and meeting customer needs. Self-Starter – actively seeks new and better ways to perform duties.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Barbara Bond, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.