Job Title: QA Microbiologist
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Our client is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, with proven performance in superior quality and customer service in both manufacturing and distribution. Their core businesses include: processing and distribution of liquid products, meat products, produce, bakery and other services, providing a variety of networked solutions for the total supply chain spectrum. They currently have a new opportunity for a QA Microbiologist at their facility located on the West Coast.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of general microbiological needs as required to ensure compliance with Company, customer, and product specifications, safety, and sanitation standards.
1. Ensures all finished products are microbiologically tested in a timely manner.
2. Uses Aseptic technique to minimize potential contamination.
3. Analyzes finished microbiological testing to ensure all results are within specification compliance; notifies QA management when not in compliance, and assists in investigation and resolution of issues.
4. Generates microbiological media as needed.
5. Routinely interacts with QA technicians and supervisors to ensure finished products are collected routinely and accurately.
6. Maintains records and logs of tests and other quality procedures to ensure availability of accurate and thorough information.
7. Responsible for Inventory control of QA and microbiological supplies.
8. Assists in any microbiological sanitation duties as necessary.
9. Calibrates and maintains testing equipment to ensure accuracy and reliability of QA procedures.
10. Performs environmental swabs as necessary.
11. Collaborates with other plants on micro-related issues.
12. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
BS or MS in food science microbiology from an accredited college or university.
1 to 3 years of relevant work experience, with an understanding of food safety and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
• Food safety concepts and techniques (B)
• Food chemistry (B)
• Food microbiology (B)
• Quality assurance concepts and techniques (B)
• HACCP programs and related food safety regulations and processes (B)
• Food processing equipment (B)
• Food testing concepts and techniques (B)
• PC word processing/spreadsheet software (B)
Skill and ability to:
• Work independently
• Identify problems or irregularities for early resolution
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with QA management, lead personnel and plant management
• Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
• Act in accordance with Company’s values and creed
• Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
• Teamwork within the department and across departments
• Project/assignment standards
• Customer satisfaction
• Food Safety standards and procedures
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954)428-3888 or email@example.com.