Job Title: Food Technologist II
Location: Southeast Region
Click here to apply (mobile compatible)
Our client is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, with proven performance in superior quality and customer service in both manufacturing and distribution. Their core businesses include: processing and distribution of liquid products, meat products, produce, bakery and other services, providing a variety of networked solutions for the total supply chain spectrum. They currently have a new opportunity for a Food Technologist II at their facility in the Southeast.
1. Develops new products or copies selected products to meet customers’ needs and to ensure compliance with established quality standards. Integrates ingredient and process knowledge to develop prototypes consistent with project definition and concept. (40%)
2. Develops and distributes specification information on new and existing product formulas and other technical information to facilitate smooth operations and provide required product expertise to international food technologists, customers, and internal departments. (20%)
3. Manages the scale up process by evaluating ingredient handling, processing and filling capabilities to assess the feasibility of prototypes. Coordinates pre-production meetings with the plants and oversees the production of new products until they are transitioned to manufacturing (20%).
4. Develops and implements cost reduction projects to improve operating efficiency and maximize profitability. (10%)
5. Identifies new sources and suppliers for raw materials in compliance with established quality assurance standards. (10%)
6. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in food science, engineering, or related field of science from an accredited college or university.
3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, with an understanding of food chemistry, food safety, and related regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
• Food testing concepts and techniques (E)
• Product development (E)
• Food processing equipment (J)
• Raw materials/product interaction (J)
• Food safety concepts and techniques (J)
• Quality assurance concepts and techniques (J)
• HACCP programs and related food safety regulations and processes (J)
• International export and food regulations (J)
• Food chemistry (J)
• Food microbiology (B)
• PC word processing/spreadsheet software (B)
Skill and ability to:
• Interpret testing anomalies and identify appropriate solutions
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with internal and external customers verbally and in writing
• Read and process written information with a high degree of accuracy
• Perform a variety of food safety tests
• Work in a laboratory environment
• Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
• Create and adhere to project time lines.
• Productivity/quality standards: test methodology, accuracy and reliability
• Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
• Productivity/quality standards: new product development
• Domestic and international regulatory compliance
• Cost containment
• Teamwork within the department and across departments
• Project/assignment standards
• Customer satisfaction
• Safety standards and procedures: food
• Safety standards and procedures: laboratory equipment and procedures.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954)428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org .