Our client is North America’s most successful independent developer of new foods and beverages for the retail food and chain restaurant industries. Since 1977, they have worked with major food manufacturers and food service corporations to help them identify new business and product opportunities, formulate the early prototypes, develop the branding, positioning, and packaging, test them with consumers, and commercialize the winning products in contract manufacturing plants or in our clients’ own facilities. They are an employee-owned company that operates nimbly and efficiently, which allows their clients to be smarter and quicker in getting new products to market. They provide hands-on resources to their clients, but more importantly, they provide expertise, insight, and award-winning creativity across food categories, segments, and channels.
The Company has a new opportunity for an Innovation Project Manager at their location in the San Francisco Bay Area, which includes a 20,000 square foot food development lab, brand development studio, consumer research facility, and an on-site pilot manufacturing plant. They are looking for passionate foodies to join their employee-owned “family.” First and foremost, you must be driven by all things food, especially food innovation.
PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides support on all day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including client management, key milestones/deliverables, deadlines, etc., to ensure continued progress and overall client workflow.
• Requires dedicated focus on the growth of the Company’s business as it pertains to cultivating client relationships, superior client management, successful product launches and sustained project maintenance to insure long-term, stellar client relationships.
• Works seamlessly and in complete integration with teams – new concepts and product innovation, branding & design, consumer insights, product development and commercialization – in order to facilitate successful and efficient product launches.
• Provides support for innovation managers/sales team for all client-facing deliverables: proposals, creative presentations, consumer insight summaries and overall branded deliverables.
• Creates and presents engaging and professional presentations; should also be comfortable advocating a point-of-view to defend content and positions.
• Supports strategic planning for category immersions, competitive landscapes, product reviews, social media and consumer audits.
• Provides thoughtful, creative and innovative thinking to solve innovation challenges, as well as designs concepts and products that resonate with consumers and that generate profits for the Company’s clients.
• Assists in creation of meeting agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence and other materials relating to innovation projects; and makes ready for client presentations.
• Makes sure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention to potential problems before they occur.
FOOD AS A WAY OF LIFE
Our client is looking for passionate foodies to join their employee-owned “family.” First and foremost, you must be driven by all things food, especially food innovation. A job at our client will immerse you in the world of food. You must be passionate about food and beverage in all shapes and forms. And, while you are willing to taste anything without judgment (or allergy concerns), you have your own passions and loves within the world of food. The more you can articulate your passion, the more interested they will be in interviewing you. At our client, food is not just their business; it’s their life.
QUALIFICATIONS (Please read carefully before applying)
• 5 + years of experience in food/beverage project management
• A self-starter who is comfortable making recommendations and working with an integrated team
• Must be a person of high integrity and commitment and possess a strong work ethic
• Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Passionate about all things food/beverages
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the food and beverage industry
• Strong computer skills (working understanding of Creative Suite also a plus)
• BA/BS degree required; Food Science preferred
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL SET YOU APART
• Food Manufacturing or Food Science degree
• Restaurant or grocery operations experience
• Involvement in the creative arts
• A graduate degree in a related field
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship. Local candidates only.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath, 954 428-3888 firstname.lastname@example.org.