Our client is a manufacturer of high-quality baked goods for the foodservice and in-store bakery market. They are a Company that values team loyalty, honor, excellence, enthusiasm, and most importantly, seeking improvement every day. They challenge their team members to develop their talents, excel, and constantly contribute to the Company. They are a company that thrives on diversity, and they want people who share their values and bring passion to their job. They have a new opportunity for a Sr. Director/VP of Quality Assurance at their corporate HQ located in the Southwest. They are looking for a positive, friendly person who flourishes in a high-energy environment where their contribution makes a difference.
SUMMARY: The Sr. Director/VP’s role is to support, understand and engage the quality processes, challenging the team to meet rigorous standards of quality. The candidate requires vast knowledge of FDA, USDA, GFSI, NAFTA and other industry guidelines for Safe, Quality Food Production and documentation methods to meet requirements. Top priority is meeting customer’s expectations by organized documentation, maintaining customer website data, reporting of data collected and further development of process specifications/illustrations to support the Company’s continuous improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manage day to day quality with review of quality records, and provide direction for plant and product continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicate on a technical basis with management, internal and external customers.
- Review and coordinate response and corrective action with team on customer complaints.
- Organize and maintain documentation for the ongoing implementation of the Company’s GFSI programs and customer-specific audit requirements.
- Further develop training programs for site-specific food safety and product process training.
- Coordinate scheduling of plant activities to ensure compliance with all regulatory and customer-specific requirements. Keep current on industry trends for compliance programs and transitioning plant to be in compliance.
- Ensure that all aspects of HACCP plan development, documentation and control are in place.
- Control and manage the review of supplier issues with supply chain compliance to Company standards and further development of site standards, including vulnerability assessments, NAFTA, HTS codes, CofA’s, COO’s, and Allergen Statements
- Establish validations for current programs and further develop a frequency for establishing validation records.
- Effectively lead mock recalls and follow up with areas of opportunity identified in each exercise.
- Manage current programs and further develop policies and procedures to keep ahead of changing requirements.
- Develop the skills of team members.
- Conduct weekly GMP and Food Safety audits with plant team, manage reports, follow-up and closing of open items.
- Perform related duties as needed by senior management team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in science-related discipline, or other Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience in a quality assurance role in food manufacturing.
- Ability to lead and provide direction and guidance to plant team and display leadership in directing all aspects of quality in the areas of product evaluation, consumer complaints, documentation, reporting, quality systems, HACCP, GFSI, FSMA, environmental, inventory, and all programs incorporated within the Quality Management System.
- Must display excellent understanding of sanitation practices and effectiveness of verification.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control analysis in food manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with BRC, FSMA, NAFTA and HACCP.
- Progressive increase in quality assurance responsibility in batter and laminated products in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge in computer systems, excel, macros, pivots, access, and applications.
- Extensive knowledge in microbiology/chemistry of food products.
- Strong leadership.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.