Our client is a family-owned global food company defined by innovation and an unparalleled commitment to treating its customers, associates, and communities the same way… like family. They have a new opportunity for a Co-Mfg/Supplier FS/QA Manager at their HQ in the Northeast.
The position will assist in design, implementation, and compliance with Company food safety and quality requirements for co-manufacturing and suppliers. Provides technical support to supplier/ co-packers on food safety and quality issue resolution and corrective actions. Works with Procurement, CS&L, R&D, and other internal customers to assure compliance with food safety and quality requirements of co-manufacturing and suppliers. Technically interprets third-party audit and Company food safety and quality expectations. Conducts food safety and Quality audits and establishes approval /disapproval of co-manufacturing and suppliers.
- Implement, manage and audit food safety and quality requirements for supplier/co-manufacturing.
- Manage, lead, and coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to food safety and quality processes and systems, including defining performance measures.
- Develop and maintain the Co-Mfg expectations manual and ensure suppliers/co-packers are meeting requirements.
- Develop and implement technical plans, clearly defining the critical issues and approach to be used in resolving food safety and quality issues. Follow up with supplier/Co-Mfg to assure compliance to resolution.
- Assure ingredients and Co-Mfg products adhere to specification requirements through effective communication of product audit results and follow-up to corrective actions.
- Partner with co-packers to establish targets, evaluate helplines and develop actions plans to assure corrective actions and reduction of helplines.
- Develop and manage food safety and quality auditing system using Company and third-party auditors.
- Manage supplier/Co–Mfg food safety and quality approval process for consistency across all lines of business.
- Determine approval status for suppliers/Co-Mfg, based on requirements of the Company food safety and quality approval policies and processes.
- Design, implement, and manage programs, databases, and/or policies to track and determine a preferred supplier program based on performance and management of risks.
- Work with Procurement, R&D and Supply Chain on key food safety and quality requirements for Co-Mfg and suppliers.
- Define food safety and quality testing requirements and compliance guidelines for Co-Mfg.
- Integrate with CS&L to assist in the process with the selection of potential Co-Mfg.
- Provide food safety and quality expertise to the project teams and determine food safety and quality requirements and recommendations.
- Assess the effectiveness/manageability of suppliers and Co-Mfg for the Company food safety and quality management systems.
- Conduct on-going gap analysis of suppliers and Co-Mfg Quality Management Systems (QMS). Coordinate with plant management corrective action to eliminate identified QMS gaps.
- Provide support to suppliers, Co-Mfg and customers as subject matter expert in quality management.
- Coordinate risk analysis and corrective action of food safety incidents (Class 1, 2, or 3) with plant management and the recall committee.
- Distribute specifications to co-packers for formula, product and processes. Maintain database of all current formulas and specifications with version/revision numbers.
- Review and approve test runs, including data collection during processing and sampling, for new product commercialization and product improvements. Work closely with Co-Mfg Quality Assurance to ensure that the appropriate testing is performed on samples taken and that required analysis of sample data is executed.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all products manufactured by the suppliers and Co-Mfg plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process, including quality specifications and standards.
- Reports to the Global Director Quality & Food Safety suppliers and Co-Mfg.
- Strong interpersonal relationships with Procurement, Ops, R&D, Marketing and CS&L, suppliers and Co-Mfg.
- Responsibilities include working collaboratively across all necessary functions to ensure adherence to established programs and practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct suppliers and Co-Mfg company food safety and quality audits as part of the approval or monitoring process.
- Conduct and prepare product cutting meetings. Document results, prepare reports and follow up with Co-Mfg based on cutting results.
- Assist in new product trials/development.
- Review capability studies, compile data and provide input for specifications.
- Ensure adherence to Critical To Quality (CTQ) for all specifications.
- Update raw materials and finished product data systems as applicable.
- Provides customer data as specified using various data systems.
- Assist in development, implementation and monitoring of ongoing food safety program.
- Audit production QA and Food Safety reports generated by Co-Mfg, and enter information into the database for analyses.
- Perform process audits.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in food-safety-related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience with USDA and/or FDA products in a food safety and quality functional role.
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience in development, training and auditing of HACCP plans, sanitation programs, regulatory compliance, specification adherence, and various other food safety and quality programs with suppliers and/or Co-Manufacturers.
- HACCP/PCQI Certified required with comprehensive understanding of new FSMA requirements.
- GFSI (preferably SQF and/or BRC) training/certification required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
- Extensive computer experience including knowledge of SPC,SQC, SAP, Optiva, and MLO, Microsoft Office.
- Strong language skills, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control; quality assurance techniques and tools; and quality management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with associates at all levels of the organization, as well as third-party agencies and regulatory officials.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and provide direction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles, including microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems and handle multiple and sometime conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Ability to work extended hours and shifts as necessary, including weekends.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.