Director of Human Resources
Our client is a manufacturer of high-quality baked goods for the foodservice and in-store bakery market. They are a Company that values team loyalty, honor, excellence, enthusiasm, and most importantly, seeking improvement every day. They challenge their team members to develop their talents, excel, and constantly contribute to the Company. They are a company that thrives on diversity, and they want people who share their values and bring passion to their job. They have a new opportunity for a Director of Human Resources at their corporate HQ located in the Southwest. They are looking for a positive, friendly person who flourishes in a high-energy environment where their contribution makes a difference.
Position summary: Primarily responsible to provide excellent support to the senior management and excellent customer service to all associates and visitors. The Director of Human Resources will administer human resource policies, programs, and practices including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing.
- Eight (8) years’ managerial and supervisory experience in public or private personnel management; OR
- A bachelor’s degree in personnel management, public administration, psychology, or education; and three (3) years’ general experience in the HR field; OR
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources management or related Personnel/Human Resources field.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- SHRM Certified Senior Professional (SPHR)
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Develops and administers an effective recruitment program.
- Prepares, recommends, and maintains records and procedures for controlling personnel transitions and reporting personnel data.
- Designs personnel forms and directs the maintenance of personnel records by all departments.
- Serves as EEO specialist.
- Proposes, publishes, and administers personnel policies.
- Conducts wage and salary surveys.
- Administers classification programs, which includes classifying and reclassifying positions, and writing job descriptions.
- Accepts all applications and works with applicants and department heads; administers typing test, spelling test, etc. as required.
- Processes all new employees and all change-of-status forms.
- Maintains permanent personnel records.
- Provides public information such as verifying employment.
- Conducts orientation programs.
- Coordinates benefit program.
- Responsible for labor relations.
- Monitors unemployment claims and assist departments with appeals.
- Monitors performance appraisal programs.
- Coordinates risk management program.
- Coordinates safety program.
- Monitors workers’ compensation claims and coordinates work between employee and insurance carrier
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.