Our client is one of the country’s largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food and pet products for the U.S. retail market. The Company also produces and distributes private label food and pet products.
They currently have a new opportunity for a Safety Manager at their plant located in the Northeast.
The Safety Manager is responsible for leading and managing the development and implementation of safety initiatives and programs to increase safety awareness and accident prevention. This position is also responsible for ensuring safety regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for ensuring the facility meets OSHA standards and staying current on changes in OSHA standards.
- Deliver safety and environment training for all employees.
- Develop safety training plans.
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis and description of all plant jobs.
- Develop safety standards for handling hazardous waste material.
- Provide and maintain MSDS throughout the plant facility.
- Establish and coordinate an effective safety awareness program emphasizing a proactive approach towards accident and loss prevention.
- Assure the facility is in complete compliance with all governmental regulations, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation and American Disabilities Act.
- Develop accident prevention initiatives and programs.
- Manage Workers’ Compensation.
- Lead accident investigations and lead effective hazard identification through inspections.
Education: Bachelor Degree is required.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of Safety Management
For more information, please contact Barbara Bond at 954 428-3888 or email@example.com