Our client is a global leader in premium natural food coloring. Their customers are the largest and most selective producers of various food products. They have a new opportunity for a Global Regulatory Scientist for their location in the South.
Provides support for existing, new, and competitive products, with technical documentation and recommendations to meet or exceed customer expectations. Provides regulatory and scientific support to expand the new color product portfolio resulting in increased sales. Principal Responsibilities:
- Uphold Company’s Mission Statement, Quality Policy, Values and Beliefs
- Food Regulatory Compliance: Monitor global and regional issues. Prefer the proactive regulatory approach to the reactive approach for identifying and responding to brand threats. Debrief with Director Global Quality and Regulatory to understand discussion of pending regulatory changes and highlight where Company concerns may lie. Responsible for making compliance recommendations for company products to global regulatory environments when used in foods, feed, drugs and cosmetics. Support Trade Association projects to open new markets and keep markets open (ITCA, IACM, NATCOL, EUTECA)
- Product Support – Specification Determination and Technical Documentation: Develop, document, and implement procedures to address regulatory issues affecting the Food Industry, including Product Formulation, Food Safety, Food Security, Genetically Modified Organisms, Allergens, Organic Compliance, MSDS, etc. Coordinate with Global Quality Assurance to create standard supplier questionnaire responses for Strategic Customers, product specific position statements, and major company policy statements. Complete customer questionnaires using established regulatory projects database and current company information and documentation.
- New Supplier/RM Qualification and Nomination Process: Contribute to development of collaborative Company supplier and raw material qualification approval processes for new suppliers to ensure compliant sources and capture regulatory properties in CSI. Collaborate with Quality, S&I Applications & Innovations and Manufacturing to qualify new suppliers and raw materials based on regulatory requirements considering targeted regions and targeted applications.
- Support Manufacturing and S&I: Effectively review and provide new ingredient approvals, application assessment, product launches and regulatory troubleshooting. Responsible for regulatory integration of new products and technology acquired through acquisitions and partnerships.
- New Product Development: Partner with Global Quality Assurance, Applications & Innovations, Marketing and Manufacturing by delivering regulatory position to Applications, Innovations or Manufacturing from concept to commercialization.
- Competition: Screens competitors’ products and claims for regulatory compliances.
- Vision and Values
- Job Knowledge
- Work Environment/Safety
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Results Focus
Skill Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Science (Technical or Food); 2+ years Regulatory experience with food ingredients; problem solver and self-motivated, hands on with results orientation; Ethical; Detail and accuracy oriented; Ability to prioritize multiple requests to maximize business impact; Capacity to follow and interpret global regulations; Ability to professionally communicate regulatory position in both written and oral format.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick,
(954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.