Our client is a manufacturer and distributor of quality ingredients and custom formulations for the food and beverage industry. With over 40 years in business, and 12 production facilities throughout the US, they are a leader in the industry.
They currently have a new opportunity for a Regulatory Manager at their corporate headquarters in the Midwest.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are
- Manages the collection, organization, and distribution of information related to regulatory functions. Oversees the generation and distribution of reports to customers.
- Oversees the maintenance of all vendor compliance records and reviews records from suppliers assuring their compliance with federal regulations and guidelines.
- Oversees accuracy of product data sheets for all 12 (human, pet food and animal food) production facilities.
- Oversees and approves all pet food and animal food labels.
- Works with appropriate functional area to ensure that regulatory programs are effectively implemented and maintained in compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Responsible for new ingredient approvals for pet food and animal food facilities per FSMA requirements.
- Will take part in internal plant audits and supplier audits assuring their compliance with corporate and federal regulations.
- Review and report monthly on pest control for all 12 facilities.
- Conduct and review mock recalls for all 12 facilities.
- Act as a liaison between plant and corporate teams regarding regulatory issues.
- Will serve as backup to the Document Coordinator
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science preferred
- Experience in pet food labeling and regulations is preferred
- GFSI trained; SQF Practitioner preferred
- Demonstrated expertise and hands-on experience with government regulations such as FSMA as well as knowledge of food safety programs; cGMP’s, HACCP, HARPC.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively translate ideas, concepts and information
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Computer skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a regulatory environment for Human, Pet or Animal Food
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Barbara Bond, (954)428-3888 or email@example.com