Founded in 1981, our client is a top manufacturer of confectionery products. They have an opening for Quality Assurance Manager for their state of the art manufacturing facility in the Midwest.
Operates department in accordance with all corporate and food safety policy guidelines. Works with production and product development to identify the root cause of quality issues and appropriate corrective action. Works with all departments within the Janesville plant to develop and continually improve plant systems, procedures, and documentation. Provides feedback to the plant through internal audits and documentation review on the plant’s adherence to its systems and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and monitors all food safety programs.
- Monitors production quality for all processes, ingredients and finished products.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, training, evaluation, and discipline of department employees.
- Lead a team of quality assurance and quality control leaders to ensure products are manufactured according to policy and in compliance with regulations and customer requirements.
- Maintain process recipes.
- Develop and maintain product packaging specifications.
- Develop ingredient statements and nutritional information for all products.
- Responsible for packaging compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work with purchasing to test and approve new ingredients and/or suppliers.
- Work with plant engineer on new equipment and/or processes with a focus on quality.
- Conduct root cause analysis to increase quality and productivity of current processes.
- Conduct yearly GMP training for all employees.
- Responsible for providing monthly facility training on relevant quality topics.
- Manufacture samples as requested by sales and/or marketing.
- Coordinate plant pest control service.
- Collaborate with production manager to facilitate best practices in plant sanitation procedures.
- Coordinate plant sanitation through production supervisors.
- Accompany and communicate with State or FDA inspectors on plant inspections.
- Investigate and respond to any customer complaints.
- Demonstrates commitment to food safety and continuous improvement.
- Represent organization as the site SQF Practitioner.
- Lead the organization in all FSMA related activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises employees in quality assurance and control. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a science related field (ideally Food Science); and 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
COMPUTER SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel. Ability to learn other application software essential to performing job tasks.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship
For additional information, please contact Barbara Bond, (954)428-3888, or email@example.com