CORPORATE SUMMARY –
Our client, is a leading provider of weight loss solutions. Structured programs and do-it-yourself (DIY) individual weight loss journeys can be complemented by the digital platform,
The Company’s product line offers the most meal choices, including more than 100 foods containing no artificial preservatives or artificial flavors The Company offers comprehensive counseling options from trained weight-loss coaches, registered dietitians and certified diabetes educators and online support.
The role of the Product Manager in the Product Development and Research department is to assist in the development of new program and products for continued improvements of the company’s brands. Day to day you will help define, prioritize, execute and finalize projects that align to our corporate initiatives with collaborative teamwork and cross-functional project management. In addition, this position will apply and develop knowledge and experience of regulations, food and nutrition, and as appropriate, scientific assessment to 1) assure compliance of product formulas, labels and communications, 2) contribute to and advise innovation and renovation projects, and 3) understand the impact of regulatory proposals and changes, through participation in internal cross-functional teams and contributing to industry working groups in order to advise the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management. In the event of absence, duties for this position may be overseen by the position to which it reports.
To assist the Associate Director of Product Development and Research in the following activities:
- Assuring the development of a pipeline of new products and line extensions; formulate and monitor new research and develop programs in support of business objectives; develop product and program hooks
- Working with peers and the executive team to manage through inevitable cross-channel conflicts; advocate aggressively to grow the Company’s businesses through new product and program development and optimization of current assets, but always ensure that the best interest of the broader company’s strategic initiatives is taken into consideration.
- Presenting products, programs and preliminary plans to key stakeholders early in the process to engage them in the launch plans, foster partnership, and gain early adoption of influencers.
- Helping to refine the product vision and roadmap required to expand within and beyond weight management and establish a successful platform onto which future products can be layered to optimize growth, market share, and visibility.
- The ability to lead & manage the product development process through all stages of product development (concept to launch) and hand off to marketing
- Assisting in implementing and overseeing the Stage Gate process for the Direct channel
- Provide high level business plans for new product launches that clearly provides consumer targets, financial projections, unit forecasts and marketing strategy
- Assist in defining consumer research projects
- Works cross functionally with finance, supply chain and marketing to identify key inputs to financial models for products to support project objectives
- Define project scope, goals, dependencies and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Align key resources, regularly and effectively communicate product innovation status to all levels of the organization on assigned projects
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) regarding regulatory compliance, labeling and nutritional statement matters.
- Set the labeling standards and guidelines for all products.
- Act as an advocate for customer regulatory issues regarding label compliance.
- Respond to internal and external customer product, ingredient or nutritional questions.
- Primary liaison for marketing regarding product naming, claims and overall package label integrity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or marketing.
- 3+ years of experience in a product or brand and project management capacity, including brand development and execution.
- 3+ years of experience in the food industry, specifically regulatory, labeling and claims
- Experience in food/nutrition product development preferred.
- Experience in understanding and implementing the Stage Gate process is preferred
- Successful track record in project management.
- Knowledge of and experience with FDA and USDA food regulations, specifications and labeling databases
- Demonstrated track record of productivity within cross-functional teams
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- The ability to make strong contributions as an individual and team player is critical
- Strong time management, self-motivation, and the ability to coordinate project activities are important.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to; PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Must be willing to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
Competencies: To perform this job successfully an individual should demonstrate an aptitude for the following:
|Communicating Effectively||Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener|
|Coordinating Project Activities||Communicates project goals, timelines, and milestones; lets people know what they need to accomplish; identifies project interdependencies and potential resource constraints; follows up with others to ensure they are on track to meet project goals|
|Evaluating and Implementing Ideas||Defines requirements and resources needed to implement new ideas; approaches innovation with a practical, task-oriented mindset; converts ideas from general concepts into actionable plans|
|Entrepreneurial Thinking||Understands how the business fits into the broader market place; identifies opportunities for business growth; monitors market trends and revenue opportunities|
|Delivering High Quality Work||Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice|
|Developing Plans||Clearly defines goals and the actions required to accomplish them; considers possible changes, constraints or other obstacles that might impact plans; accurately estimates time and resources need to accomplish tasks|
|Displaying Creativity||Produces a wide range of ideas and suggestions when presented with a problem or challenge; comes up with creative, new ways of doing things|
|Driving for Results||Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work|
|Driving Projects to Completion||Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate|
|Critical Thinking||Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations|
- Focused – We prioritize our activities and act with a sense of urgency on those initiatives which will meaningfully move our business forward.
- Accountable – We take responsibility for our commitments, decisions and actions and own the results regardless of the outcome.
- Customer-Centric – We honor our customers with a commitment to genuine service.
- Team-Oriented – We are “all hands in” – we work, win, and overcome trials as one company.
- Solution-Driven – When faced with problems, we come equipped with solutions.
Leadership Success Profile
- Earning Trust & Confidence – Demonstrating values and personal competence
- Shaping the Future – Developing a strategy for long-term growth
- Developing Self & Others – Building and leveraging individuals’ capabilities
- Leading Transformation Change – Inspiring commitment and momentum
- Delivering Long-Term Value – Achieving superior performance through operating excellence
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of an office environment.
All staff shall be informed of their responsibility to report food safety and quality issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.