Account Manager- West Coast (Los Angeles Area or San Francisco Area)
Our client is a well-respected global alcohol company that is seeking an Account Manager based out of California with a Food Science background.
This candidate will be responsible for calling on current client accounts in the west coast territories, opening the door for new business, and managing the broker network.
- Identifies and develops sales opportunities.
- Maintains and increases existing sales.
- Improves account profitability by defining plans to generate additional value for the customer and for the organization.
- Executes price strategy with both customers and sales partners.
- Develops forecast and budget for accounts and analyzes customer base and prioritizes account to meet Sales strategy.
- Ensures timely execution of objectives and priorities within accounts.
- Works with Marketing/Application Specialist and Sales/Marketing Coordinator to analyze market, sales, forecast data, etc. to identify business opportunities and develop recommendations and plans to execute against them.
- Engages with distributors/broker and suppliers, maintaining working knowledge of competitor’s products.
- Answers customer technical questions and prepares customer communication and ensures follow-up.
- Coordinates distributor/broker support and responsibilities for assigned account(s).
- Cultivates relationships with customers to develop understanding of their needs;
- Presents market analysis and technical information to customers, helping identify business opportunities and closing of sales.
- Develops positive relationships with distributor and customer organizations.
- Provides counsel on business-related issues; creates customized business solutions and recommendations.
- Directly interfaces with decision makers in technical, marketing and sourcing departments of customers to influence purchase decision.
- Presents on-going business reviews to key customer personnel and educates customer personnel on natural color market and opportunities.
- Represents the department in cross-functional, team-based activities and meetings with internal or external customers.
- Maintains open communication with distributor/broker and management regarding accounts.
- Monitors business expenses (meals, transportation, lodging, etc.).
BS or MS in Food Science, Food Chemistry, or similar degree Ability to travel by air or vehicle 50%
- Experience as an Account Manager or Sales Manager
- Experience with ingredients (natural would be a plus)
- Skilled in communication, project management and analysis.
- Experience with reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Experience with writing reports and business correspondence.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Suite, GCO, IRI, Spectra, ProSpace
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.