Our client is a thriving and beloved frozen treat company that is looking for a Director of R&D to innovate and lead a team of scientists at their location in California.
The Director of R&D will develop food and beverages in a fast-growing, dynamic, QSR restaurant environment and provide customer service support for the Research and Product Development Team. This individual will work cross-functionally with Franchise Relations, Marketing, Operations and Education teams as well as interact with outside vendors. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working both independently and cross-functionally in teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Design and develop new formulations and recipes working with bench-top samples. Assist in manufacturing line trials at the production facility to ensure commercialization of flavors.
- Engage in on-going R&D to improve current recipes and update corresponding nutritional data.
- Develop and document relevant prototypes and evaluate methods of translating innovative ideation of food products to full implementation at the restaurant level.
- Order and receive raw material samples from their vendor partners. Manage ingredient inventory and maintain flavor specification documents.
- Respond to guest and franchisee inquiries regarding the nutritional and functional attributes of current product offerings.
- Assemble and disassemble work-related equipment and adhere to standardized sanitation practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or Culinary Arts degree with relevant product development experience.
- Minimum 4 years of product development experience.
- Understanding of food science, formula development and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to translate consumer insights as well as creative ideas into relevant prototypes.
- Ability to document, organize and summarize research and project results including detailed notes on formulations and accurate recipe conversions.
- Solid math, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate and communicate basic R&D knowledge in a presentation setting.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with no restrictions; ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to evaluate flavor profiles and consume dairy products with no food allergies.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the US now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, (954) 428-3888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org