Our client is a global manufacturer of fiber additives used in the food, pharmaceutical, health and industrial markets. The company has assets in the US and Europe with plans for expansion in South America and Asia. This dynamic company is positioned to double revenue and earnings over the next 4-5 years. They currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Director of Ingredient Sales in their growing specialty ingredient business. They are looking for an experienced sales professional who can develop their specialty ingredient business and establish a path forward for continued growth. This individual will work remotely out of their home office and may be located anywhere in the U.S., but locations in the NE or Midwest would be preferred.
This individual plays a key role in growing share and profitability of the specialty ingredient business for all markets and developing new applications for their current product line. Reports to the Executive Vice President.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the North American and selective Global industrial markets for Company’s fibers and formulate plans for these markets to increase volume and presence.
- Accountable for market operation activities related to industrial (non-food) end-uses.
- Manage and lead the industrial sales team.
- Responsible for annual budgeting and forecasts and providing solutions that will help to achieve budget goals.
- Review the pricing structure of industrial accounts.
- Plan and execute marketing programs, including advertising, electronic programs, shows and conventions.
- Communicate regularly with network of brokers and distributors and assist them with their sales objectives.
- Visit customers regularly to address issues and grow volume. Approximately 65% travel to plants and R&D facilities.
- Negotiate annual volume and price contracts with strategic accounts.
- Understand account’s and industry’s future requirements/needs and communicate these concepts to management (and R&D) for product development opportunities. Review account requirements with Manufacturing, Technical and Quality as well.
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of sales experience with strong track record of success and 5-7 years of sales management experience.
- Demonstrated business planning skills.
- Effective negotiation skills including familiarity with contract language, business terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated expertise in market and financial analysis.
- Solid budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Familiarity with pricing models.
- Sound relationship-building skills with internal and external customers along with strong interpersonal skills and professional presence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.