Our client is a major supplier of gums and stabilizers. For over 100 years, they have been helping customers create product success stories. They believe in providing their customers with solutions to their texture and stabilization challenges, not just selling them one particular product. They have a new opportunity for a Food Technologist at their mid-Atlantic location.
The Food Technologist is accountable for the delivery of lab, pilot and full-scale experimental work as assigned by a supervisor. This position is considered to be an entry-level position for professionals on the scientist career path.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Operate and maintain a safe, accident-free laboratory environment. Follow all Company safety rules and good laboratory and manufacturing practices in performing job duties.
- This position is intended to be goal-oriented with an understanding of how individual activities fit into the broader corporate objectives. Individuals must exhibit a high level of ownership and a commitment to a professional standard of work product.
- Effectively plan experiments and execute to a high level. Apply knowledge of basic experimental design; for example, the use of controls and multiple replications. Additionally, capable of utilizing more sophisticated tools such as statistical design software.
- Interpret data to generate proper conclusions. Select and utilize proper communication tools, like charts or graphs, to effectively communicate the significance of the experiment to others.
- Report status of projects, compile results in report format, update all pertinent databases, and perform all follow-up duties for completion of project work that may include sending product, finished good samples, and/or written reports to end customer. Present scientific findings to both peers and outside customers.
- Maintain a legible and organized laboratory notebook for recording of results.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the laboratory (including the pilot plant) and all applicable equipment.
- Follow all Company safety rules in performing job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a relevant 4-year degree in Food Science or other science-related discipline. Previous experience (internships) in product development highly preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Good time-management and multi-tasking ability required. Should be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and all pertinent R&D software.
All applicants for this position must be eligible to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com