Our client is a thriving manufacturer of gluten free bakery products. Started only 8 years ago, their products are sold in 8000 stores nationwide.
They are in search of a passionate, career-oriented Senior Scientist to join the Technical Services team. The candidate will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for supporting the success of the Company through joint work with operations, marketing, sales and procurement. Primary responsibilities will include operational improvements, product betterment, new product development and management/mentoring of junior team members. In addition, this role will research new market ingredients and equipment innovations and bring forth ideas for internal product and process improvements.
- Professional with expertise within the baking / food industry.
- Must have strong mentoring, leadership and management skills.
- Possess strong formulation and industrial process knowledge relating to bakery products.
- Possess a strong understanding of analytical techniques and equipment (texture analysis, pH, moisture, rheology).
- Career oriented, willing to learn, and always seeking self-betterment.
- Self-starting attitude with strong time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Experienced with Genesis nutritional software.
- BS, preferably MS or PhD, in Cereal Chemistry, Bakery Science, Food Science, or related field required.
- AIB or related technical training a benefit.
- 7+ years’ technical experience within a food/baking company or allied services (ingredients/equipment).
- MS and PhD graduates accepted with less industrial experience.
- Product Development, Technical Services, or Production experience a strong plus.
- Experience with Gluten Free baked goods an advantage.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, parental status, sexual orientation or other basis prohibited by applicable law.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org