Our client is a major supplier of gums and stabilizers. For over 100 years, they have been helping customers create product success stories. They believe in providing their customers with solutions to their texture and stabilization challenges, not just selling them one particular product. They have a new opportunity for a Technical Service Representative at their mid-Atlantic location.
The Technical Service Representative (TSR) is primarily responsible for providing ongoing technical and sales support for existing customers as well as developing new accounts as opportunities arise. This position tracks toward a formal sales role pending organization needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Field calls from the technical hotline, chat and website. Respond to all inquiries from customers. As needed, support outside sales, marketing and customer service teams in addressing requests.
- Follow up with customers after sample requests and first orders as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Develop new opportunities as they arise until they are converted to field sales. Assist in qualifying new leads generated by the Marketing department.
- Provide customers with current and relevant information pertaining to such topics as available services, supply, current prices and new materials.
- Responsible for maintaining/updating account information including, but not limited to, forecasts and opportunities in CRM software (SalesForce.com).
- Responsible for meeting targeted team sales growth goals for assigned accounts and/or regions.
- Visit customers with Regional Account Managers and/or attend trade events as needed.
- As part of the inside sales team, support teammates in meeting team goals.
- Stay abreast of current trends, market conditions, and technological advances through continued education; maintain ongoing technical learning through R&D department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all Company safety policies/rules in performing job duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree in a science-related field required, Food Science degree preferred. Prior sales experience and food industry experience helpful. Knowledge of features, benefits and use of products desirable.
Will require interdepartmental training, with attention to technical training in the R&D labs to learn about the Company’s products. Training requires developing a working knowledge of the Company’s products and their functions and a familiarity with customer applications by researching, reading and interacting with internal departments.
Travel Required: Up to 20%
All applicants for this position must be eligible to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org