Our client is a major pet food company dedicated to nutrition technology. They are a leader in developing innovative, cost-effective, healthy and flavorful products. They currently have a new opportunity for an Associate Manager, Food Safety and Microbiology, located in the Midwest. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to this position.
As an Associate Manager, Food Safety and Microbiology, you will be responsible for ensuring food safety integrity through the development, management and improvement of the food safety programs for all manufacturing sites. The food safety programs include, but are not limited to: GMPs, HACCP, Pre-Requisite Programs, Cleaning and Sanitization, Environmental Control, Finished Product Release and other food safety and microbiological support as needed. Lead corporate microbiological training programs.
This position is accountable for the reporting of food safety and microbiological data. Also, this position must ensure the interpretation of the data is correct, the results are effectively communicated to management, and corrective actions are adequately executed and documented. You will also provide guidance to Product Development on microbiological risk, troubleshooting and technical research projects, raw material micro susceptibility and required information on methods and specifications. Drive food safety improvements via internal audits and lead the food safety component for external audits (contract manufacturers & labs, suppliers, etc.) as part of the Divisional Quality Team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure programs are developed, implemented and meet all food safety requirements. Provide leadership to plant food safety teams concerning:
- Company Quality Standards
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certified audit schemes (SQF).
- Track KPI progress and drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve food safety controls across the Supply Chain. Provide direction on food safety CEB initiatives.
- Develop tools and provide training for all food safety initiatives and programs.
- Maintain current understanding and communicate regulatory requirements that impact food safety programs. Lead food safety validation initiatives.
- Lead root cause analysis and CAPA for all food safety issues.
- Responsible for food safety leadership during ESM audits at raw material suppliers and contract manufacturers.
Basic qualifications include:
- Master of Science (Microbiology, Food Science or related scientific field)
- 7+ years’ experience in food/pet food quality, food/pet food manufacturing or product safety with a focus on microbiological control
Preferred qualifications include:
- Ph.D in Microbiology, Food Science, or related scientific field
- 3+ years’ supervisory or managerial experience
The Company offers:
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
- Retirement Savings and Investment Plan with Company contributions and matching
- Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
Employees at our global headquarters also enjoy:
- Bring your dog to work day, every day!
- Summer hours (off early on Fridays)
- Work-Smart Program with options to flex your hours or work from home.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Relocation assistance is available within the U.S.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com