Our client is a leading snack food manufacturer. They currently have an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Supervisor at their facility in the Northeast.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor is the first line of supervision for laboratory, and is responsible for oversight of the Quality programs throughout the facility. The individual will drive all aspects of safety, quality, SQF certification, governmental requirements and continuous improvement programs within the operation. This position requires excellent verbal, written and non-verbal communication. Candidate must be capable of leading and training team members across multiple levels and departments.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the daily activities of the QA lab to ensure support of food safety and quality processes for the facility.
- Able to perform all the essential functions of a QA technician
- Sets up, calibrates and maintains existing and new testing equipment in the lab
- Leads manufactured and purchased product testing including documentation and reporting of all inbound items
- Reviews and approves daily QA data, ensuring accuracy and adherence to specifications
- Identifies areas for quality improvement and leads teams to achieve desired targets
- Trains and schedules all QA technicians and maintains a prospective talent pool
- Maintains compliance with FDA and other governing bodies (city/state/health department)
- Implements and works with department managers on continuous improvement programs
Serves as SQF Practitioner for the facility
- Prepares for and leads a team through third-party food safety/GMP audit
- Leads SQF training
- Manages internal audits and compliance for SFQ, including overseeing corrective actions
- Verification and audits of ongoing policies, SOPs and food safety/SQF compliance
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum high school graduate with extensive experience in laboratory testing
- Advanced computer skills in MS suite, and proficiency with an iPad
- Demonstrated leadership skills and desire and ability to interact with all levels of the enterprise
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Fundamental math skills
- Knowledge of snack food operations
Health and Safety
- Responsible to follow all safety rules and work safely at all times
- Responsible to report unsafe equipment and practices to supervisor
- Must adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship. No relocation is provided.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954)428-3888 or email@example.com.