Our client is a fast-growing, vertically integrated food ingredients company driven by the integrity of their people and the passion for their product. They are at the forefront of technology in the food ingredient industry, developing and manufacturing novel ingredients with applications in food and nutritional supplement markets. Their unique, groundbreaking, patent-protected technologies produce daily crop harvests that are continuously processed into high-value food ingredients. They currently have a new opportunity for a Plant Manager at their facility in the Southeast.
The Plant Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the production site(s) covering crop production and processing facilities. Duties include maintenance, production performance, financial performance, planning, budgeting, hiring, training, logistics and other tasks to meet delivery expectations around performance, safety and quality.
The Plant Manager is expected to be hands on and directly involved in construction and expansion projects, continuous improvement, engineering projects, troubleshooting and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all of the facility functions effectively and efficiently, reporting both financial and operational performance against targets and budget.
- Initiates and manages preventive maintenance programs covering production and office buildings, farming operation, labs, and machinery.
- Manages the incoming and outgoing functions of the raw materials and finished products.
- Ensures all regulatory and safety guidelines are met including OSHA, GMP, HAACP, batch records, etc.
- Establishes clear objectives, key performance indicators and communicates progress.
- Oversees multiple internal programs and all of the onsite operations.
- Leads/supervises all facility employees at all levels and manages multiple departments, crews and personnel.
- Develops and administers the budgets, costs, inventory, etc.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facility expansion.
- Plans budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
- Inspects construction, installation progress; and ensures proper validation/qualification of processes and equipment to meet safety and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in food processing facilities management including operations with multiple shifts.
- Technical understanding of food processing and manufacturing engineering.
- Sound understanding of the financial principles and reporting applicable to effective planning, cost control and budgeting of design operations.
- Skills in managing numerous projects concurrently and adaptability to rapidly changing business needs with strong problem solving and analysis capability.
- Leadership drive and initiative with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to guide, communicate and lead any customers or visitors through the facility and all of its functions.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and deliver results under difficult and challenging situations.
- Aptitude in decision-making skills, good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to adapt to technical and non-technical individuals.
- Knowledge in Environment, Health and Safety standards in agricultural operations.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data accurately and consistency in performing daily tasks and maintaining documentation and records.
- Organized, with ability to work well under pressure, quickly resolve problems and meet daily production requirements.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.