Our client is a fast-growing, vertically integrated food ingredients company driven by the integrity of their people and the passion for their product. They are at the forefront of technology in the food ingredient industry, developing and manufacturing novel ingredients with applications in food and nutritional supplement markets. Their unique, groundbreaking, patent-protected technologies produce daily crop harvests that are continuously processed into high-value food ingredients. They currently have a new opportunity for a Sr. Process Engineer at their facility in the Southeast.
They are looking for a self-starter who is innovative and enjoys creating new protocols.
The Plant/Process Engineer is responsible for managing all equipment at the production site, including troubleshooting, site maintenance, process control, and process improvement. The successful applicant will sustain a stable, reliable manufacturing process through analysis of data and application of sound engineering practices. The Plant/Process Engineer will also be involved in the design of future facilities, utilizing knowledge gained from present operations to recommend appropriate changes and improvements of unit operations. A strong background in process engineering design, process safety, project management, lean manufacturing principles, process reliability, food safety and HACCP in a food manufacturing environment is desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all equipment and systems at the site are operating efficiently and reliably to meet up-time requirements.
- Ensure all equipment and systems at the site are QA and Safety compliant.
- Develop and implement an effective maintenance/spares strategy and team for the entire production site.
- Direct the maintenance/repair team to ensure that resources are available for keeping all equipment and systems operational, procuring materials and equipment as necessary.
- Ensure documentation including PFDs and P&IDs is up to date and in compliance for auditing purposes.
- Track trend data to evaluate line components for functionality, reliability and optimization.
- Develop effective countermeasures when problems or nonconformances are uncovered.
- Help build a culture of continuous improvement and establish programs to increase uptime and reduce costs.
- Interact with R&D team to perform continuous improvements, recommending changes for equipment and processes to meet safety, quality, production and cost goals.
- Complete other process engineering tasks and activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Process or Manufacturing Engineering,
- 7-10 years of experience in process engineering at a manufacturing facility.
- Familiar with pumps, vibrating equipment, boilers, air compressors, industrial dryers, cryogenics, milling systems and packaging systems.
- Good knowledge of control circuitry and instrumentation.
- Good knowledge of industrial automation.
- Good knowledge of high-voltage 3 phase power.
- Experience in plant documentation including SOPs, process deviations, training, lessons learned, KPI tracking, and batch records.
- Experience in regulatory compliance for food manufacturing.
- Aptitude in conveying information to people in varied fields of expertise.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience with agricultural practices a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.