Our client is a leading brand manufacturer of jams, fruit preparations, sweets and custard-based desserts worldwide. In North America, our client is the leading fruit processing company and has major facilities in Philadelphia, PA, Plymouth, IN and Gardena, CA. They specialize in fruit preparations for a variety of customers including yogurt, ice and bakery manufacturers. They are currently looking for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist at their location in Indiana.
- Write customer specifications and food safety questionnaires.
- Coordinate, review and file raw material and finished product regulatory documents.
- Prepare and review risk assessments.
- Scan regulatory documents onto the shared drive for public access.
- Submit kosher documents for rabbinical approval and distributing to customers. Submit organic documents to QAI for approval and distributing to customers. Submit HALAL documents to INFATCA for approval and distribution to customers.
- Collect, evaluate and submit to customers annual pesticide and heavy metal raw material results.
- Support internal third-party and customer audits.
- Coordinate cost reduction ideas and help reduce RA operating cost.
- Complete Regulatory Affairs KPI’s tracking measures per documented frequency to improve business results.
- Data entry of nutritional values, allergen status and other critical data into database.
- Complete customers’ finished product questionnaires. Complete customer surveys.
- Participate in multifunctional teams (HACCP, Food Security, Safety) Set quality parameters for products and shelf life in database.
- Adapt procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish all requirements of the position.
Primary Responsibilities in Order of Importance:
- Customer Product Specifications and food safety questionaires. – 55%
- Process customer kosher, organic and halal certifications. – 15%
- Collect, evaluate and submit pesticide and heavy metal raw material results to customers. – 10%
- Data entry of nutritional values, allergen status and other critical data into database. – 10%
- Food Safety Modernization Regulations Supplier Compliance. – 5%
- Key participant in HACCP team, food safety initiatives, GMP audits, FSMA evaluations and plant safety team. – 5%
Formal Education Required:
B.S. Food Science and Nutrition or related discipline.
This position requires the incumbent to be able to communicate and understand technical information that includes reading, writing and complicated arithmetic such as algebra, geometry and trigonometry. This individual has sufficient education that he/she can perform complicated procedures.
Specific Experience and Key Knowledge Requirements:
- 2 years in regulated food industry.
- 2 years’ experience with Food & Drug Administration.
- 1 year HACCP, Food Defense, Food Processing experience.
- 1 year nutritional specification experience.
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- Investigative skills
- Attention to detail
Estimated Percent of Annualized Travel Required:
10% – Domestic
High external influence through daily customer interface, supplier interface and export documentation.
High internal influence through computer control systems.
Applies advanced skills of the position.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888