Our client is a global leader in premium natural food colorings. Their customers are the largest and most selective producers of various food products. They are currently seeking a Sales Manager for their location in the Southeast, or can be regionally based.
PURPOSE: The primary focus of the Sales Manager is to ensure that the Company’s customer strategy is executed and successfully achieved through effective leadership of direct customer sales.
The Sales Manager will work closely with the Sales Director and the Global Accounts Director to formulate and execute these key customer strategies. He/she will utilize good business acumen to improve Company’s key performance metrics. The Sales Manager is expected to develop an awareness of the industry and market place issues/opportunities. The right person will build a strong foundation of customer-focused consultative selling skills by following the Company’s common sales process. He/she will focus on sales results and meeting/exceeding Customer contractual requirements. The Sales Manager will be a team player, supporting and collaborating with the other Sales Managers to grow the business across the region as well as at their global accounts.
- Uphold the Company’s Mission Statement, Quality Policy, Values and Beliefs.
- Support the Company’s Vision in their daily actions and decisions.
- Sales Revenue: Responsible for developing revenue and maximum profit from selling activities by winning new business and growing existing business.
- Build strong relationships with target customers across their functions both individually and in collaboration with other Company functions – principally S&I and Marketing.
- Accountable for pricing decisions as well and maintaining agreed-upon service levels across the customer base. Deal with any issues effectively as they arise.
- Follow Company’s customer segmentation strategy for guidance when planning sales activities.This plan should align with the basic sales objectives and policies established by the Regional Sales Director.
- Expected to make proposals around new ideas designed to improve the revenue and profitability of their account base.
- Self-Development: participates in relevant, continuing self-development, education and training designed to improve their performance and promotability.
- Performance Evaluation: evaluates the performance of their customer base and any partners/distributors under their supervision in light of established standards, taking into consideration particular marketing conditions prevailing in individual areas. Initiates corrective action as necessary. Recommends improvements where performance is unsatisfactory.
- Expected to research, plan and execute strategies to engage key customers and uncover new sales opportunities.
- Exhibit negotiation skills that maximize the return for both the Company and the customer.
- Form a close relationship with Marketing, providing recommendations and supporting their leadership in the following:
- Advertising and Promotion:
- Any market analysis needs relevant to business growth within their customer base
- Industry activity: staying on the cutting edge of what customers are likely to have problems with.
- Trade associations, trade fairs, and conference participation as appropriate.
Food/Ingredient sales experience
Expands sales within existing accounts, focuses on customer service, develops relationships with key decision makers, understands and responds to customer needs, tracks and monitors account activity.
Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
Drive for Results
Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Knowledgeable about how organizations work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels; effectively maneuvers through complex political situations.
- 2+ years’ experience as a successful Regional Sales Manager in Food Ingredients or Food Specialties with natural color knowledge a bonus.
- Technical/food science qualifications and background would be a strong advantage. Ingredient sales experience desired.
- Impeccable leadership, communication (oral, written, and presentation), organization, analytical, and business skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate with customers in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a PLUS.
- Works well in multi-regional settings and able to facilitate team collaboration.
- Additional language beneficial but not prerequisite.
- Natural colors background would be an asset.
- Travel to customers will be required (40%).
- Other offsite meetings and Company location visits will be on an as-needed basis.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or 954-830-7539 (c) or firstname.lastname@example.org.