Our client is a privately owned, independent global marketing company based in the UK. This allows them the flexibility and freedom to adopt a strategy focused around innovation and employee empowerment. For their clients, that means outstanding service and access to specialists with sensory, consumer research, fieldwork and online expertise. They currently have a new opportunity for a Sensory Panel Leader at their location in New York City.
This role will combine panel leadership of one of their expert sensory panels, alongside both client and project management. You will be responsible, with support from senior sensory colleagues, for handling sensory projects throughout all stages from initial briefing to report writing and presentation; ensuring that the research proposal, design, panel session planning and leadership, sensory moderation, analysis and interpretation and reporting of results fulfills clients’ needs. This varied role will allow you to work with different functional teams (sensory, consumer research quant and qual, statisticians) and to develop your skillset in a host of different areas.
Sensory Panel Leadership
- Manage a sensory descriptive panel and lead panel sessions on clients’ projects to ensure smooth delivery of sensory research and consistently high quality data.
- Liaise with the Sensory Panel Assistant for the efficient preparation and facilitation of the sensory panel(s) and product management.
- Regularly recruit and train new panelists as needed.
- Collect and analyze panel monitoring data and provide panel feedback and one-to-one reviews with panelists in order to maximize data quality, panel engagement and motivation.
Sensory Research Management
- Design research and write proposals to best meet objectives, with support from senior sensory colleagues.
- Project management, including scheduling, costing, ensuring appropriate resourcing and equipment, liaising with colleagues and stats team for design and analysis, and budget control.
- Brief and liaise with colleagues on all aspects of projects and create relevant documentation/paperwork to ensure accurate and timely execution.
- Ensure that clients are kept up to date with project progress, draft lexicons and topline results.
- Analyze sensory data; providing considered reporting, interpretation and recommendations with support from senior sensory colleagues.
- Trained sensory panel management experience, including descriptive analysis, is essential.
- IT literate; experience in sensory data capture software beneficial.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Degree in Food Science, Sensory or Psychology preferred.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.