Our client is a new division of a $20 billion conglomerate that was established in 1953. They have developed their business portfolio into four core sectors, Food and Food Service, Bio and Pharma, Entertainment and Media, and Retail and Logistics. Based in the Trenton, New Jersey area, the new division seeks a Director of R&D to develop new Asian products sold B2B in the US.
- Work with the Marketing and Sales teams to ensure innovation is aligned with an assigned strategic business area’s strategy
- Develop and validate concepts that deliver on key customer needs and align to the brand strategy
- Develop a robust pipeline of disruptive innovation that drives growth
- Provide thought leadership to inspire greatness, divergent thinking, and ongoing inspiration for business-building platforms for sustained growth
- Represent innovation with multiple stakeholders, including brand marketing, operations, finance, and retail customers
- Align and influence leadership to drive commercialization decisions
- Manage the innovation metrics that support overall profitability
- Lead research efforts including monitoring market trends and tracking new technologies.
- 6 + years developing Asian style food products
- BS Food Science or other scientific discipline. Culinary training is a plus.
- 3 + years in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Understanding of how consumer insights drive the development of effective innovation concepts
- Proven experience in innovation
- Strong analytical capability and ability to lead / influence a cross-functional team
- Korean and/or Mandarin/Cantonese language skills highly desired.
- Work experience in Asian company/industry
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc., (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.