Our client imports a wide-range of products from all over the world and distributes them to supermarkets, convenience stores, and other outlets. They currently have a new opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor at their location in Virginia.The position is responsible for monitoring, managing and maintaining the warehousing activities in Virginia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, directs and coordinates the warehousing and shipping of products in compliance with Company goals and objectives.
- Plans and coordinates labor, provides leadership by establishing clear work expectations, and demonstrates high standards of work practices and ethics.
- Analyzes delivery and/or inventory issues.
- Establishes and controls process of operations in order to meet Customer and quality specifications
- Communicates clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with response to inquiries, issues and/or questions.
- Ensures the proper handling and movement of products always. Reduces probability of damage to products from inbound to storage and shipping. Maintains accurate daily reporting of data, picture taking, and filing to maintain a course of record for traceability and evidence.
- Maintains labor costs with proper staffing levels; selects, interviews and trains personnel.
- Initiates plans to develop warehouse personnel by internal/on-job training.
- Prepares and aligns warehouse staff to achieve business objectives through setting goals and work responsibilities.
- Other duties that might be assigned by the warehouse management.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), bi-lingual English/Spanish.
- 5 years of experience in warehouse environment with the following: shipping, inventory control, operations, customer support, and supervision of team members.
- Proficient in Excel (Intermediate).
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and commitment.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive employee environment, customer satisfaction, and cross-functional team relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational/prioritization skills required.
- Must be flexible with schedule, as there will be an occasional Saturday from time to time.
- Live close to warehouse location, within 40-minute commute max.
Some college preferred. Must have high school diploma.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.