Our client is a food ingredients manufacturer whose products are sold primarily to the dairy industry. They currently have a new opportunity for a Dairy Sales Manager. The successful candidate for this position may be based anywhere in the Midwest.
Their approach to sales is a consultative one, working with the plants and plant employees, learning what their needs are, and, if necessary, developing a custom product that works for that customer. It is all direct sales to the customer, not through brokers or distributors.
- Purpose of Position
The Dairy Sales Manager meets with clients to maintain relationships, negotiate/close deals, and represents the Company at trade association meetings. Critical performance elements include:
- Profitably grow targeted sales and meet annual Company objectives
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new Customer and product extension opportunities to meet long-term Company growth plans
- Ensure consistent, high-quality and timely service to Customers
- Negotiate pricing within approved guidelines
- Provide input to Company R&D team for new items to support Customer needs
- Coordinate internal / external resources necessary to support Customer’s need for technical assistance and / or new product development
- Regularly communicate Customer and market needs to Management and Director of Dairy Sales
- Develop and manage individual Customer plans, budgets and forecasts
- Establish and enhance a positive Company image throughout the region
- Provide product demonstrations and technical service assistance for mainline products
- Assist Customer Service as needed to maintain high level of Customer satisfaction
Travel is expected to be in the 80 – 85% range.
Skills, Abilities, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Dairy-related field (preferably “cheese”) or equivalent
- 5+ years of sales experience with (or equivalent combination of) education and experience in the Dairy products industry (process cheese food makers preferred)
- Existing industry / Customer contacts that can lead to new business opportunities
- Basic understanding of food sciences (especially Dairy science)
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Experienced with competitive marketplace situations involving both mature and new products
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Advanced oral / written communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to gain support for strategic plans from co-workers and superiors
- Ability to accomplish stated objectives
- The highest ethical standards including honesty, integrity, dedication and confidentiality
- Ability to diplomatically manage difficult Customer and / or employee situations with sensitivity
- Original and creative thinking
Essential Responsibilities & Approximate Allocation of Time
- Manage Dairy Related Accounts: Prospect and call on Dairy Customers to meet / exceed sales goals; become involved in Customer problem-resolution issues as needed; cultivate name recognition for the Company and its products and constantly strive to enhance the Company’s image in the marketplace. 60%
- Coordinate closely with Technical Services: Maintain regular interaction with the Company R&D staff regarding new product development and product improvement activities. 20%
- Execute Company’s Dairy Sales & Marketing Plan: Communicate with management regarding Customer and market needs; maintain a high level of Customer satisfaction.15%
- Other services as required. 5%
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.