Our client is among the nation’s most diverse and creative foodservice beverage providers.
They are seeking a Sanitation Supervisor to a join the talented team of a private equity owned, manufacturer of Juice Concentrates, Juice Drinks, Cocktail Mixes, Smoothie mixes, Powdered Frappes for the food service industry.
This position provides leadership and guidance in the areas of sanitation, sanitary design, risk assessment and acts as a liaison to plant management staff. The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for supervising the sanitation team, ensuring pre-operational readiness for production including reviewing applicable records, supporting all phases of sanitation, sanitary design and environmental risk control. Ultimately, this role is responsible for understanding, communicating and leading sanitation programs, managing services suppliers and ensuring all sanitation activities are being performed in an effective manner. Must be able to work flexible schedules within a 24/7 operation, with primary responsibility during the evening shift. Will interact with corporate Quality Assurance and Engineering staff on programs, projects and practices. Key interaction with regulatory officials on sanitation inspections.
- Supervise sanitation team and sanitary operations on shift. Conduct pre-operational inspections and document review/management to ensure equipment and environment is clean and sanitized prior to production to ensure the highest quality product.
- Manage and maintain the facilities Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Conduct analysis on CIP (Clean in Place), COP and manual cleaning, monitor results, initiate corrections, and maintain/improve effectiveness.
- Provide training for new and current employees.
- Track and control cleaning chemical.
- Ensure cleaning and support and enable quality and operational effectiveness and efficiencies goals.
- The position will interact with operations at all levels, Bevolution Groups Corporate Quality Assurance, and Engineering staffs. Coordinates with QA manager to ensure quality systems and customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Proficient in sanitation program management and metrics; Relevant State, FDA and USDA sanitation related regulations; juice & beverage sanitation and microbiology,
- Proficient with the concepts of hazard analysis, risk assessments and sanitation,
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and team interaction skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed and a self-starter
- While primarily sanitation related hours, need an ability to be flexible with hours
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOP).
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Juice/Beverage, Food Safety, Sanitation and Quality.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Experience in biology, microbiology, food science, food technology or a related scientific field.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. as needed
- 2 yr. degree preferred
- Will consider education plus experience
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 830-7539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.