Our client is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Their portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Their 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Senior Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Manager will design and perform health economic analyses to demonstrate the need for nutrition products, improved nutrition practice and to support healthcare policy. This research, which includes burden of disease, cost-effectiveness, retrospective and prospective studies, will be disseminated to external stakeholders including clinicians and healthcare professionals, decision makers and policy makers and will support US and global Commercial needs.
The Senior HEOR Manager will work to ensure high quality design, execution, and dissemination of HEOR studies in peer reviewed publications. This position will hold cross-functional responsibilities and will interface with the organizations local, regional, and global Commercial, Medical Affairs, Nutrition Science, Government Affairs, Public Affairs, and other departments within the organization.
This position reports to the Director of HEOR and Policy.
Sr HEOR Manager will undertake retrospective and prospective health economic studies, cost effectiveness research, comparative effectiveness research, patient-reported outcomes research, meta-analyses and systematic reviews in order to take the identified HEOR research opportunity from design to dissemination.
Sr HEOR Manager will conduct large database analyses using primary and secondary data sources such as partnering institution de-identified datasets, healthcare claims or publicly available datasets.
Sr HEOR Manager will closely manage and monitor study-specific resources, as well as regulatory, legal, budgetary, and logistical requirements, while maintaining positive relationships with partnering institutions and vendors.
Sr HEOR Manager will conduct regular tracking and reporting on project status, timelines, and findings, highlight successes, and measure the contribution of HEOR outputs to the business.
Sr HEOR Manager will assist in building effective processes for HEOR activities (including strategic planning, evidence gaps and generation methods, internal HEOR training, internal and external presentations, etc.) to help build HEOR functional excellence to meet the current and future needs of US and global commercial business partners.
Sr HEOR Manager will help support the development and refinement of study related materials, models, and value communication tools.
Sr HEOR Manager will work collaboratively with R&D, Regulatory and Commercial stakeholders in developing study specific claims which demonstrate the economic value of nutrition products.
Sr. HEOR Manager will represent Value and Evidence on assigned cross-functional teams with internal partners such as Marketing, Medical Affairs, Nutrition Science, Government Affairs, Public Affairs and other departments.
Sr. HEOR Manager will work closely with cross-functional partners to develop scientific communication plans and outputs, including publications and presentations, and develop relationships and work closely with key knowledge and opinion leaders (KOLs) and academic researchers throughout the research/dissemination cycle.
- Master’s Degree in Health Economics, Economics, or Agricultural Economics is required.
- Doctorate Degree (PhD in Health Economics, Economics or Agricultural Economics, PharmD) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Exposure to health economic and outcomes-based strategies and tactics to meet both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product is required.
- Experience in conducting and disseminating research studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research is required.
- SAS / SPSS / STATA / R experience or experience working with large databases that support big data analysis is required.
- Highly proficient project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine, value-based care, and comparative effectiveness for health policy decision-making is required.
- Working knowledge of regulatory, financial, legal, and compliance requirements relating to conducting research and disseminating of scientific information is required.
- Excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation)
- Experience teaching or communicating difficult HEOR concepts either in an academic, clinical or business setting is preferred.
- Willingness to travel (20%), domestically in the US with some international travel.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.