Our client is a home-delivered meal service providing full prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide and have been in business for over 18 years. They provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, this is the place for you! Our client is looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
We are currently searching for a Quality Assurance and Safety Supervisor on our 1st shift. The 1st shift hours are 7am – 3:30pm, Monday- Friday, with possible Saturday and overtime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Quality Assurance and Safety Supervisor include but are not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist in overseeing Quality and Food Safety Programs (HACCP-Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Vegetables; Labeling; GMPs; Internal Auditing, etc.), including implementation, staff training and documentation.
- Work with USDA/FSIS Consumer Safety Inspectors, FDA and State Regulatory Inspectors; Assist in the obtaining environmental and product testing samples as needed.
- Assist with internal audit program for quality and food safety plans.
- Conduct daily sensory evaluation of foods being produced and packaged
- Use all required safety equipment and consistently follow all food-related sanitation and operating safety guidelines; ensures that food production staff does the same.
- Supervise Quality Assurance Technicians (4-5); perform supervisor duties including attendance verification.
- Take the initiative to see and assign general cleaning tasks in work areas.
- Provide communication between Quality Assurance Team and the Management Team.
- Perform any and all Quality Assurance Tech responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Required: 2/4 Year Degree – Food Science, Culinary Science
- Required: Certified in HACCP for meat, poultry and seafood;
- Preferred (PCQI) Certificate in Preventive Controls for Human Foods
- ServSafe Certification is a plus*
- Required: Previous work-related experience in an USDA/FSIS inspected food manufacturing facility with food safety and quality assurance.
- Required: Supervisory experience*
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Good communicator; must be able to read/write/speak in English; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Strong computer (MS Office), math, and measurement conversion skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with problem-solving skills
- Must be able to discern colors (Cannot be color blind)
- Able to obtain all required certifications and renew as necessary
- Able to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Able to learn/adapt to changing requirements/situations*
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
- Has the physical stamina to stand and walk for long periods
- Able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Has good visual perception as needed to perform job duties
- Able to work in variable temperatures (cold/hot)*
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts; Medical and/or Dependent Care
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira, OPUS International, Inc. at 954 428-3888 or email@example.com